Hospice Consultant - Hendersonville/North based
Alive Hospice, Inc. Hendersonville, TN Full-time Sales
Posted on April 13, 2021
Hospice Consultant - based in Hendersonville/Northern Middle TN
Location: Northern Middle Tennessee area
Status: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Days: Monday - Friday
Are you a clinical Marketing professional who desires to work in a capacity in which your efforts directly impact clinicians, patients and their families? If you are excited to use your talents and skill set in a way that truly makes a difference in the Middle Tennessee healthcare market, we can't wait to talk with you!
Hospice Consultant is responsible for referral and admission volume growth for hospice eligible and appropriate patients within an assigned book of business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with assigned clinical leadership and teams, works to identify and nurture potential referral sources and other health-related groups for education and outreach, while developing and maintaining professional relationships and contact with established providers, to promote utilization of hospice services and a clear and continued understanding of the hospice benefit.
- Exhibits superior customer service and critical thinking at all times.
- Manages the assigned book of business by making the required number of calls to referral sources each day.
- Documents daily in the CRM regarding the day’s activities.
- Partners with referral sources and hospice clinical liaisons in identifying/locating placement for patients.
- Continuously conducts strategic territory assessments, in conjunction with Director of Performance Improvement, of accounts and develops a comprehensive marketing plan for assigned areas. Implements and makes needed adjustments to plan and actions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Coordinates tracking of referral sources, assessment of utilization of Alive Hospice services and preparation of relationship activity.
- Self-directs work with little supervision
- Coordinates educational presentations and in-services with referral sources.
- Demonstrates good resource management and recognizes the implications of cost in relation to agency budget.
- Maintains referral source spending log.
- Interacts with referral sources and patients/families to provide information about hospice or planning including connecting them with clinical resources for more information as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, including meeting the required competencies. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four – year college. Five years healthcare, hospice sales and marketing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current and valid Tennessee driver’s license and automobile insurance as required by Tennessee State Law.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may be required to walk long distances while carrying items. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.